Thursday, October 9, 2008

Growing Old


Call me crazy but if given the choice, I do not want to reach the age of 80. This may come as a shock knowing that I am the kind of person that loves life. However, I do not want to burden my future children to care for me when I can no longer do it by myself. Yes, you could suggest that I be left in an elderly facility but that is not part of our culture. I would be grateful if I am still as strong as a horse at this age but I don't want to see the day that my children's shopping list would include incontinence supplies. When this happens, then it would only mean one thing, the inevitable has happened. I have gone back to the first stage of the life cycle. This is what I would like to avoid. My children should be enjoying life and exploring it and not taking care of an old woman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! yeah i agree! :D

Anonymous said...

yeye! true and i agree! sayang ang panahon!