Friday, October 17, 2008

Eat all I can

Growing up with both my parents working, my mom would always leave me and my brother to my grandmother when they go to work. We didn't mind really because that meant free access to all the goodies my grandmom has in her sari-sari store.

Ever since I could remember, my grandparents has this home based business of having this store plus they sell all-natural vinegar. So anyway, my brother really didn't care much that time with the vinegar but we did love "hanging around" inside the store so we could help ourselves to all the candies and chips that my grandmom sells.

Are you still familiar with Orange Swits (I think it's still available up to now), Choco Nut, chocolate football and soccer ball, Goya chocolates (plain and with rice crispies), Stay Fresh mint candies, Cheezels (the cheese flavored chips that had free toys in it) and even Horlicks?

I miss those days. I miss hanging around with my grandmother and she'd tell me that I can have all the candies that I want as long as I practice writing my complete name on two sheets of pad paper. Hehe!

2 comments:

Coriander Dreams said...

hi val!!
i remember orange swits. i think they're the ones na shaped like orange slices right?
hope ur wed plans are going well!
:)
Marie

Wapsicle said...

Hi Marie,
Yup that's the one. Barok ng spelling. LOL. I miss eating Horlicks so I resort to Ovaltinees na lang.

Naku Marie, we might have the same fate when it comes to wed plans. :(