Friday, August 29, 2008

Sustagen


I was fixing myself an iced tea drink when I saw a box of chocolate-flavored Sustagen drink in our pantry. I was then reminded of the days when promotional people from Sustagen would go to our school when I was still in grade school. Their mascots Susy and Geno would also be there tormenting the students while they're waiting in line to get their drink from the Sustagen ladies. I remember pulling one of Susy's pigtails back then. LOL!

I was really not a drinker of Sustagen. I liked Milo and Ovaltine but I've never tried Sustagen. So when we were asked by our teacher to line up so we could get our taste of Sustagen, I was a bit excited. Hehe! So when I finally got a taste of it, I knew that I would be asking my mom to replace Milo with Sustagen.

As soon as my mom bought one, I started putting a spoonful in a glass filled with cold water. I began stirring and after a few seconds (blame it on the low EQ) I started gulping away. Then I stopped. It tasted different. That was not how it tasted when I drank it in school. So I'd stir the drink again. Nope, it was still the same. Then I figured maybe it wasn't cold enough. So I added some ice. Sheesh! Wala pa din pinagbago! Then it got me thinking. The color of the drink in school was not that dark as compared to what I had in my glass. So I though, what if I put a bit of milk in it. So I did. And obviously it was no near the taste of what the Sustagen ladies gave out in school. Bakit kaya? Up to now I still don't know what they added in there to make it taste that way. Ang sarap non eh! Does anyone know?

0 comments: