Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mountain Biking

As I have mentioned in a previous post, we have a lot of games that we play when we were kids in the early 90's. These games are not the ones you normally see these days like video games. The games that I'm talking about are those that require running (as opposed to sitting for how many hours in front of the computer or television) and interacting with other children (and by this I didn't mean the cyberworld, instead in real life).

After we got past the "street games" phase as I call them, there was this one fad that almost a lot of kids were into. It was the mountain bike. I don't know how it started but ever since mountain bikes became available, most of the kids (and even adults) have one.

I remember I'd ride my bike in the morning and at the afternoon. My friends and I would roam the streets of our village. We may have stopped running around playing games on the streets but biking was a better alternative. It was such a hit that there were even contests from certain soda companies where the prizes are hundreds of mountain bikes. Remember that contest? I had to beg my dad to buy a couple of cases of soda so I could get a better chance of winning a new mountain bike. Haha!

So anyway, in short, we had a lot of exercise. Kids were active. We were active. If only we maintained that kind of lifestyle then maybe we wouldn't be bothering ourselves into going to the gym, dieting and buying Orovo detox or other weight loss alternatives. If only I didn't sell my mountain bike then I'd still be in my normal weight range. Hehe! Oh well... It's not too late.

3 comments:

Bela said...

hello..musta na? mukhang busy ah...

btw, ur tagged:

http://www.womenxplore.com/2008/08/its-all-about-me.html

♥SomethingPurple♥ said...

haler, check on my weight loss updates hahah! I am running out of time.

http://www.elegancefoodandwine.com/2008/08/my-diet-files-days-19.html

Wapsicle said...

Oh my! I wish busy. I was sick kasi. Haay kaloka! Sige will do it soon.

Haha! Sige check ko.