Thursday, July 31, 2008

Song and Dance number

The Philippine film industry has come a long way. It has vastly improved in a lot of aspects. Don't get me wrong, I am no movie critic nor do I have any background in the arts of movie-making. However, I do love to watch movies. My tastes range from the likes of the classics like TVJ (Tito, Vic and Joey) movies to Regine and Aga movies. Wide range right? LOL!

Honestly, it is only seldom that I watch local movies. I guess I was always disappointed with the corny lines in some comedy movies and movies that almost ALWAYS have a musical/dance number in some parts of the movie. I don't understand why they think there is a need to insert a song and dance number. Ok fine, I may have enjoyed a couple of them when I was young but as I got older, watching those scenes made me cringe. Hahaha!

Here are two examples of what I'm talking about. Thanks to youtube again. Siguro sumasabay din kayo sa kanta non noh?! Aminin! Hahahaha!


Scene from Pik Pak Boom


Scene from Jack & Jill

0 comments: