Friday, May 23, 2008

Sweet Books

To all the ladies of my generation does these names ring a bell: Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield? If you're screaming Sweet Valley High, then you are correct!!! I was once an avid reader of these books. Actually I started reading Sweet Valley Twins when I was in grade school then at grade 5 I think, I started reading Sweet Valley High. Most of the kids in school were reading these books. I had a couple of them and some of my classmates would borrow them and sadly were never returned. Thus, the remains of my collection were left to 8 books (see 3rd picture).



There was also Sweet Dreams that was more popular to high school students back then because it tackled more "mature" concepts like letting go, death, etc. There was this one book from this series entitled P.S. I Love You. I really can't remember the whole story but I remember crying and sobbing after reading it. I was left with two Sweet Dreams book (see 4th picture) and since P.S. I Love You was one of the favorites, the one who "borrowed" it forgot to return it to me. LOL!

Question, why are these books all start with the word Sweet??? Hmmm...

1 comments:

Gorgeous Traveller said...

Memories!!! Book swapping was a big thing in GS/HS. So many nights puyatan, waiting for sundo, etc... :)