Friday, April 10, 2009

The Sacrifices we have to Make

Speaking of holy week, my family followed a no-meat diet during this week. It's one of the sacrifices we have to make. Before, I remember trying to fast for a day. Unfortunately, after not eating breakfast and lunch, I felt faint in the late afternoon and decided to eat something before I collapse. I guess fasting is not for me.

Every year, I try to come up with other sacrifices that I can make. There was this year when I stopped smoking the whole holy week. That was when I was still smoking. There was also a time when I promised not to eat junk food (one of my vices). This year however, I am making the hardest sacrifice that I can think of. I promised I would abstain from shopping for the whole month of April. This is quite difficult especially when there are huge sale signs plastered on store windows. Waaa!

Any suggestions for next year's holy week sacrifice? What's yours for this year?

0 comments: