Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baby-G


In the mid 90's, the popular watch brand, Casio gave every teenager another entry in their wish list. And that is the Casio Baby-G series. Most of my friends had those jelly-strapped ones while the boys had mostly the black rubber strap.

I was one of those kids who totally nagged my parents just so they would be those really big jelly-strapped watches. Just as my parents gave in to my constant nagging, we went straight to the mall to look at them. As I was trying to fit one of them on (it was a pink one), I noticed that it didn't really suit me as it was too big for my then skinny wrist. I was so frustrated. I almost had it.

Now if that were to happen to me now, and this time with a Patek Philippe, I wouldn't mind if it was too big or too small for my wrist. Moral of the story, if you want something badly, don't let anything get in the way. Not even a skinny wrist. Lol.

Care to share your Baby-G story? Heehee.

0 comments: