Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Happy Saver's Club

I was doing some bank errands yesterday when a nostalgic moment hit me again.

You see, there was this kid who was with her mom inside the bank where I was. The kid kept asking her mom for their bank book. He was a bit confused because he just saw his mom hand the teller some bills and all she got was their bank book. The kid looked adorable actually when he was looking all confused and panicky.

Then, I remembered in the 80's that most of my playmates are members of the Lucky Saver's Club of Banco Filipino. Their parents opened bank accounts for them and the kids would be getting goodies once they open an account and whenever the parents have a transaction. I wasn't a member of that club. My playmates would just show me their bank book and all the free stuff they got. Makes me wonder why though. Maybe they knew that I wouldn't be having trouble with cash advance or other credit related problem. Ha! That's what they think.

I do however commend this scheme. It taught the children the value of money and the concept of saving. I wonder if ever I was a member of this club if I would still be a shopaholic. Hmmm...

0 comments: