Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Doc Martens

The early 90's was the year of the grunge look for most. This is the time when girl would be wearing sun dresses paired with their Dr. Martens boots. As for the men, the plaid shirt tied on the waste was some sort of fashion statement (though I don't get the idea of tying the shirt when they're not gonna use it).

I am not here to talk about the grunge look as that is a whole new entry. What I would like to talk about are the favorite boots during my high school days, the Dr. Martens. I remember the "rich kids" of the school would be owning a couple of pairs of these boots. Some of them would even design them using textile paint. Most of them had either the black or the maroon-ish color. I on the other hand was left envying my classmates who had a pair. My parents, particularly my mom wouldn't want to buy me a pair because she said it looked like combat boots. LOL!

0 comments: