Saturday, June 21, 2008

Interpreter Please!

Now these four songs (Sweet Soul Revue, Angelina, Macarena & On ne s'aimera plus jamais) would likely generate two reactions from you: 1.) you would dance or sing along with it; OR 2.) your face would totally cringe just by hearing the first few notes. Haha!

I will not be a hypocrite so I would say that mine would be the first reaction. The only problem when singing these songs is that I have no idea what it says or means (pang Singing Bee..Hahaha!).

It is because of the melody and beat of these songs that allowed us to accept them (aminin nyo man o hindi! LOL!) despite the language barrier. There are only four songs that I've included in this post because I can't remember the other one that was a hit in the 90's. Do advise me if you know it. I'm not sure what language it was in though.

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, the second song has a tagalog translation that my guy friends know oh so well. The person who came up with the lyrics probably had a bad experience with a girl. Hahaha! I cannot post the lyrics here because some will surely find it offensive.

So people, travel back in time. Bring out your dancing shoes and start grinding. :-) Enjoy!

Sweet Soul Revue live - Pizzicato Five

Angelina - P.S.Y.

MACARENA - LOS DEL RIO

On Ne Saimera Plus Jamais - Larusso

0 comments: